AICON is ISO 9001:2008 certified
- measuring and positioning system with high resolution digital cameras and wireless probe
- the software module DPS has been specially developed for the purpose of dummy positioning
- works in a measuring volume of up to
5 m also as a coordinate measuring machine
- rotating camera bar ensures an optimal viewing field of the cameras for every type of vehicle
- applicable for both sled and crash barrier facilities
“AICON's coordinate measuring system MoveInspect DPS helped TRW to increase quality and robustness in the preparation of sled tests.”
Wolfgang Semet, TRW Automotive GmbH, Alfdorf (Germany)
- user independent and repeatable dummy positioning according to international regulations
- is able to simultaneously record multiple measuring points in vehicle 3D coordinates and to compare target and actual values
- the operator can move freely around the object to be measured as there is no connection between sensor and probe, in contrast to articulated arms
- because of mobile and easy transportation the location can be changed quickly
- positioning within only a few minutes
- can also be used for general measuring tasks also in a larger measuring volume by simply adding other components from the MoveInspect Technology
The dummy is positioned and seated in the vehicle precisely according to the standards and regulations the test is based on. The DPS system consists of the camera bar comprising three high resolution digital cameras, a portable PC for system control, a wireless probe, accessories to target the points on the dummy, and the software module DPS in AICON 3D Studio.
The software module DPS has been specially developed for the purpose of dummy positioning. Combined with the DPS system, it serves as optical 3D positioning equipment that controls the 3D position of the dummy relative to the vehicle during the positioning process.
MoveInspect DPS offers many advantages in comparison to an articulated arm: Arms are lacking of a special software dedicated to dummy positioning. Furthermore the measuring volume is limited. Moreover, it is not possible to extend the measurement system for new measuring tasks.