AICON is ISO 9001:2008 certified
- 6-DOF measurements of movements in real time
- high measuring frequency of up to 490Hz at unlimited measuring time
- measuring results are shown as absolute values in vehicle coordinate system
- used for test drive and test station
“It is important to know the movement of the engine units exactly as only with this knowledge the installation space can be designed optimally. EngineWatch helps us to meet these high requirements for accuracy."
Helmut Zender, BMW AG, Munich (Germany)
- short setup time
- high accuracies
- no mechanical connection between sensor and engine block
- camera mount does not need high stability
- high speed camera also applicable for motion analysis of any other object, i.e. not only for vehicle testing applications
- extendable for other static and dynamic measuring tasks
AICON's measuring system EngineWatch is specially designed for Vehicle Testing. EngineWatch is built around a high speed camera which consists of a high resolution CMOS sensor, an integrated high performance flash, and an image analysis processor. The camera features extremely short shutter speeds of just a few micro-seconds that are necessary for long-duration tests. It also ensures the system is robust and stable over time.
In vehicle development, exact information about engine-to-body clearance is necessary to ensure an optimal design of the available space. For example, the engine must not collide with other parts in the engine bay when the driver changes gears or deals with difficult driving maneuvers. A technical article shows you how helpful it is to use optical measurement systems for vehicle testing.